Destinations Travel Magazine welcomes contributing writers!
FIRST! Be sure:
*You have ‘LIKED us on Facebook.
*You are ‘Following’ us on Twitter.
We currently have space for a few 'contributing' travel writers. We are currently not looking to hire writers. This is not an offer for paid assignment.
1. Articles must be your own original work; we do not accept reprints. We also request that articles submitted to Destinations Travel Magazine not be submitted to other online publications or blogs unless they are your own.
2. Articles that are mainly a list ( i.e. Ten Best, etc.) should be 500-700 words; regular 'feature' articles should be 700-1000 words.
3. Travel Writers should be able to provide hi-res ( 300 dpi or better) images to accompany their articles. Photos - or finding photos - are not the responsibility of the magazine.
4. All articles submitted to use MUST be proofed for:
No embedded hyperlinks
5. Photos should be JPG format. Please DO NOT send thumb nail size images; we can't use them!
6. Articles MUST be in MS Word format.
7. We provide writers with their own Dropbox folder. All files and photos need to be placed in that folder to make it easier to keep everything together. Please DO NOT EMAIL US PHOTOS.
8. We generally have a list of suggested topics. However, we are open to suggestions, as well.
Please understand that this is editorial, NOT AD-vertorial. Editorial MUST NOT BE Business-Specific. We will NOT include any editorial that is being used to promote or endorse BRANDING for resorts, spas, or any other businesses. If a business wants to be promoted, THAT IS ADVERTISING... NOT editorial. Have them contact us for ADVERTISING RATES.